Leslie Eggers For art purchases and commissions: 503-799-5760
Custom, Commissioned Artwork
I will be happy to work with you to create a one-of-a-kind, custom artwork on a commission basis. Paintings such as these make outstanding gifts for loved ones and friends, as well as very personal additions to your art collection. It’s also easy to get a cost estimate from me. Here is all you need to do:
- Find a color photograph (high resolution jpeg) of the image you want painted (I can also create a montage from several photographs)
- Decide how large you want the piece to be; if you select a standard size (like 12” x 16”), it will probably be less costly to frame (although any size painting can be custom framed). I can create virtually any size painting, the only restriction being the sizes of available canvas or archival paper
- Decide if you want the image painted in my “Twisted Cities”, more realistic (such as the "Portland", "Oregon Sports" or "Travels" styles) or in my "Sports Art" style. See below for my thoughts on which style works best for different types of images
- In the case of oil pencil portraits, do you want a plain background or the background depicted in the photo? Plain backgrounds take less time, and so the cost of the painting is less. Detailed backgrounds add depth and interest to a painting, take more time and consequently cost more
- Do you need the image by a certain date (a relative’s birthday, for example)? I typically need a minimum lead time of thirty (30) days to complete a commission
- Anything else you’d like to tell me about the image you want commissioned?
Portraits of people are typically done in the “Sports Art” oil pencil style. This style lends itself to high detail and dramatic action. Scenery, buildings and static images can either be done in the “Twisted Cities” or more realistic, acrylic paint style. Just advise which you’d prefer.
All quotes will be firm for thirty (30) days. Quotes will not include framing (something best done by you). Additional shipping and handling charges will apply. I generally use UPS or FedEx surface shipping, unless you wish to have your artwork shipped faster. I will also provide you a general estimate of when you can expect delivery.
A fifty percent (50%) non-refundable deposit is needed in order to have me begin work on a comission. I will send you a draft sketch showing the general composition of what the finished artwork will look like. This gives you the opportunity to suggest changes or additions to the piece.
This page shows examples of some commissions done in the past.